Monday, October 15, 2012

Survival Mode

Our AP passed this out at a mentor meeting this year, saying that our first year teachers were probably going through the survival mode and then would moved further down.


I don't think it is just the first-year teachers going through this. I know that I am in the survival mode. The many plates I am balancing just get more added to them.

I do remember my first year teaching though. November was the worst and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. My goal this time around it to not sink that low. (Third time's a charm, right)

Please tell me, it isn't just my school.

I also haven't given up on the idea of this blog. I am still trying to make it work.

3 comments:

  1. This is my ninth year teaching, and it has been a tough year. I am definitely in survival mode. I'm hoping this year gets better for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in my 7th year, and when I was working for an ISD (I am now at a Charter School) I felt completely overwhelmed. I spent 5 years in an ISD that constantly burdened us with one more thing. I wish administrators would see that the ton of little things add up to make nothing done well. I hope your year gets better!!! Praying for you!

    Leslie
    http://jackofalltrades-leslie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing that little graph while I was getting y credential. Oh how true it is! Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...