I am linking up with Upper Grades Are Awesome top 10 Pinterest. I spend time everyday just browsing the Education label on Pinterest and have found so many great ideas this summer. Choosing just 10 is going to be difficult!
1. Every year my sister comes and helps me set up my classroom. And every year she comments that above my bulletin board it is too plain. This should help with that and give me a better space to hang student work.
2. Last year, we had a character education class once a week. By the end of the year, I was running out of lessons and ideas. I love this idea of "How do you want to be remembered?"
3. One thing I want my students to walk away from my classroom knowing, is that it is okay to fail. It is part of life! They understand that in sports it is okay to miss a basket every once in a while, but in the classroom they will easily shut down. I try to share with them things that I have failed at, messed up, etc.
4. For class discussions! No excuses for not knowing how to start!
5. Anyone else hate hearing "I don't know." So many more useful responses.
6. I want more student work on the walls and in the hallways. Just everywhere! I want to make more anchor charts this year and this is a great way to have students do it! And they love markers!
7. For the Social Studies lessons. Primary source documents!
8. I am not a reading teacher, but we can all agree that reading is important for every subject. I want to encourage my students to read a lot this year. I want to have a bulletin board dedicated to their reading progress.
9. I am definitely making one of these! No more rushing through work!
10. I love this vocab activity! I also think it is a great way to get less confident students up and talking.