Saturday, March 29, 2014

Newsela

I like trying to bring science current events into my classroom but I want the students to be able to read the articles I give them.

I found this website after a lot of googling. 

Newsela.com is what I found. It takes articles from different newspapers and lets you change the reading level on it. Here is the same article in 8th and 4th grade reading levels. 


I've seen it go down to 3rd grade reading level. Some of the articles have short quizzes that go with it to. There are several categories. I have used the Science most often. It is a great way to make what we are learning in science seem more real life. 
So after a night of googling, I found I great resource to use the the classroom. What are some things you have found scouring the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...