Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Word Walls in Interactive Notebooks


I have gone back and forth on having a word wall in my room. I use it a few times during the year. Last year I only ever put 4 words up. I referred to those 4 words a lot, but never went past that. 

There are a lot of different reasons why it doesn't get updated. I have a plan to keep it up better this year, but in the meantime I am doing this. 

At the beginning of each unit we do, I have the students set up a word wall in their notebook. As we learn new vocabulary, they get a colored sheet of paper to create their word wall card. 

I like the color. You could use post its or you could just have students write on this page. But this divides up the words and ideas. 

We only do a few words at a time, sometimes only one. But students know when we add it to the word wall, it is important. 

I'll continue to take pictures as we update each word wall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...