Sunday, July 8, 2012

Scratch-Off Cards

I saw this tutorial and this tutorial on Pinterest last summer and loved it. When I introduced it to my students, they loved it also. 

Last year I had two classes and on most days I gave at least one ticket out for each class. I looked for students who had followed all of the classroom expectations, including being engaged in learning. I told them sitting there being quiet was not always enough. They needed to answer questions, offer responses, and contribute ideas to our lesson. 

The tutorial says to use contact paper but I used Scotch tape instead. 




I tried to stick to rewards that didn't cost any money. Who has that to spend?

  • 5 minutes extra recess for the class
  • Choose a song to listen to at the end of the day
  • Gum at the end of the day
  • Use markers for the day
  • Sit in teacher's chair for the day
  • Swap seats for the day
  • Use markers for the day
  • Sit at the teacher's desk for the day
  • Eat lunch with Mrs. Stowe and a friend
  • Homework Extension (I don't like Homework Passes)
  • Five points extra on a test
  • Double a Daily Grade
  • Draw on Whiteboard at the end of the day
The students really looked forward to seeing who got the ticket every day. For my students who had difficulty following classroom expectations, I would wait until a day they seemed to be more on-task. Then I approached them and offered them the ticket if they could continue the rest of the period. Usually they worked it out the rest of the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...