Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day 2014-2015


I hate taking selfies. But the only other person at home was my 10 month old daughter and I really wanted to change into my pajamas. (So I wasn't waiting for my husband to come home.) (Also, I know the closet is a mess. I've accepted it.)


I survived the first day of 6th grade. After teaching 5th grade for 4 years, I was a little nervous about these grown-up 6th graders. Guess what? They still mostly look like 5th graders. So they weren't too scary. 

The first half of the day was awesome. I was all ready to say it was the best first day of school ever! But I didn't want to jinx my afternoon classes. And while it mostly went smoothly, there is a class where I will need to be on top of things at all times. Overall, I still think it might have been my best first day of school every!

Years ago on my first day of 6th grade, I was a crying mess. I had just moved to a new school, I didn't know anyone, and I cried from the time I got home until I went to bed. And then I had to go back for day 2! For most of 6th grade, I dreaded going to school. I loved learning, but I didn't feel like I belonged. 

I really hope that no student left my classroom feeling like that. I learned most of their names the first day and really tried hard to pronounce them correctly. It is important to me that no child gets overlooks, because I often was. 

Tomorrow is a new day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...