Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Technology Integration

Another video to watch. I watched this for an assignment of one of my grad school classes, but it is something I am really trying to do this year as a teacher. I am lucky that my new classroom is the "Tech Grant" room so I have more technology in my classroom than I ever had. I want to use  I want the students to use that technology frequently.



I think a lot of lessons teachers plan don't necessarily need technology. The objectives can still be reached and some students will still learn without using technology.

HOWEVER, technology integration allows students to become more engaged and take more ownership of their work and learning.

Here are a few key points I liked from the video:

  • Technology helps teachers meet students where they are.
  • Kids respond better when they can share their stuff. It shouldn't just go sit in a pile somewhere to be graded.
  • Students can learn at their own pace and the teacher can formatively assess better. 
  • Its not about the tool, it is about the learning, the process, and the engagement. 
I am doing a research project this year on using technology in my classsroom to increase student attitudes towards math. I can't wait to see the results. 

If you are a technology guru or know a fabulous teacher-tech blog I should follow, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...