Monday, August 6, 2012

The Nightmares Begin...

Ever since I was in school, I have always had back-to-school nightmares. I would show up to school without any supplies, forgetting my name, with no friends... anything horrible.

This "tradition" has not stopped now that I am a teacher. And I had my first nightmare this week.

I show up to school the first day with all my desks still in a corner, no copies made and my principal informing me that I will now be self-contained.

I have also had the dream where all of my more spirited students are back for their second time in my classroom.

Or the one where I have horrible classroom management, my classroom is at the temple ruins from Lost, and all the administration is in my "classroom" to observe.

To prevent any of these from actually happening (especially the no copies on the first day of school) I have started actually looking at what I want to do the First Day of School. It is such an important day and so much pressure is put on it, that I tend procrastinate my planning for it. I can have the first month of school planned out, but not that first day.

I work better under pressure anyways.

I'm not the only one who has nightmares, right? I think I have always just been so excited for the first day of school, my brain channels that excitement into crazy stories.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad I am not the only teacher having these nightmares. Last year was my first year teaching so I had nightly nightmares, I thought this year it would get better but they have already started. Last night I had a nightmare where my classroom was the size of a small store and filled with rowdy kids, they were good at first but I looked in the hall to check on the other teachers (because I am going to be the lead middle school teacher this year) and I turn back and the kids have stapled pics of rappers all over my walls, they are cutting books apart and the administration walks in...NIGHTMARE. Glad I am not alone. Love your blog BTW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...